As many of you know my Grandpa passed away on Friday. We are happy that he is no longer suffering and is in a better place. It was such a blessing that Owen and Kennedy were able to meet their Great Grandpa. I was quite close to my grandpa after my grandma passed away 9 years ago. He loved hanging out with my roomates and I at the Onaway house. I have many very special memories of him. He was the most positive and optomistic person I have ever met. We will miss you Grandpa!

This picture was taken last week Tuesday. He was a bit confused but so excited to see the kids
This picture was taken last week Tuesday. He was a bit confused but so excited to see the kids
9 comments:
I remember last summer when my grandpa passed away, and even though he was 94, it was still very hard. I'm sorry for your loss Heather but I'm so glad you have those pictures of him with the babies - something they'll have forever.
so sorry for your loss heather.
that is a precious thing that the kids could bring your grandpa joy! he will be watching down on you from heaven. grandpa's a super special!!
i just remember him coming to a dinner at onaway and saying something about wanting you to marry someone nice (like nick dekker, right?). he had us all smiling.
i have been thinking of you guys the past few days and i hope you are finding comfort.
We are praying for you and your family. It's great that you can have the wonderful memories - especially of him with the twins!
I remember being so excited that your Grandpa was coming to dinner at Onaway....we all loved it that he wanted to come. I am so glad you have such good memories with him and that he was able to spend time with Owen and Kennedy.
We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
So sorry for your loss Heath, but what great memories for you to tell the kids!
I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I definitely remember your grandpa and what a positive person he was. How wonderful to have such wonderful memories of your grandpa!
Post a Comment