Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fun at the Beach

Tonight Kennedy and Own got a glimpse of Lake Michigan for the first time. After I got home from work we headed down to the beach. It was perfect weather and the kids seemed to really enjoy it. We walked down to the water and it was FREEZING so we decided not to have the kids try. We walked the beach for a bit we got several looks because I am sure we looked quite humorous. Jeremiah had Owen in the front carrier and I had Kennedy. They both had on their hats and sunglasses.

Kennedy sportin her shades.... a little crooked

We thought it would be fun for them to feel sand for the first time...yup hated it so that was short lived on the blanket.

When we got home they needed a bath because they were so sandy from the 3 seconds they touched the sand. We decided they needed a bath so we thought it would be fun to put them in the kiddy pool. Since they can't sit up yet on their own and the bottom of the pool was Soooo slippery, it was quite difficult to bathe them...or get a descent picture but they seemed to enjoy their bath!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice prive cover, Hea!

Anonymous said...

That's where you guys were going when I saw you all in the van. Cute. What a fun family night. Those kiddie pools always seem to be very slippery. We should invent something to prevent the slipping.

Alissa said...

What a fun evening!

Kristin said...

how cute! what a clever idea for a bath!

Mindi said...

I love the pictures and Oh what fun!! They are getting so big.

Tripp said...

you are such great parents. P.S I am so glad that Kennedy fits in the outfit we gave her.

Robin said...

sooo fun! making memories. i would have paid to see you guys at the beach with the sunglasses. :)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we can get them to the beach this weekend in Pentwater. Looking forward to the coming years and going to the beach with plenty of sunscreen.
Love Grandma Little