Friday, January 22, 2010

She's a big girl!

Well, this post is a little overdue but Kennedy is completely paci free! It took her a few nights of screaming but she did it:) The first nap she took without her paci she asked me to leave the light on. After screaming for a few minutes I went in there and told her that if I had to come in again I would have to turn the light out. She didn't stop screaming so I went in and turned the light out. She obviously was not very happy and neither was I! It was very difficult but it worked because that night all I/we had to do was tell her if she didn't stop screaming I would turn the light out. Each night it got a little easier and now she has been paci free without any problems!!

On Tuesday while I was at work I got a phone call from Sandy (our day care lady). She told me the kids were fine but wondered if I could come home for a few minutes because Kennedy stuck a pretzel up her nose and she couldn't get it out!! I knew this would happen someday because she is obsessed with her nose! She likes to blow her nose, pick her nose, and put things up her nose!! Last week she put a piece of brown rice up her nose, luckily it came out quite easily. This time, not so easy! When I got home Sandi and I tried to work together....one of us to hold her and one of us to work on her nose. She completely FREAKED out and screamed and cried and didn't want the tweezers near her nose! I think all that crying helped because I was able to get it out without a problem after I told her I saw a booger:)

Tonight we got together with the Kidds and the Staals. There are now, with the addition of baby Mia more kids than the adults!! We had a great time hanging out and the kids LOVE playing. Owen loves baby Mia and was very excited to help feed her her bottle.

As you may remember from last time, Kennedy didn't want to hold baby Mia but this time she did! She had lots of kisses for her and loved looking at her tiny fingers.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go Kennedy! That's such a hard transition for both the parent and child. I think I love Riley's paci as much as he does. ;)

Tripp said...

Good work on being paci free.

Melissa said...

Good job! I do not look forward to those days with B&C at all. They are quickly approaching us I'm afraid.

Alissa said...

Yay Kennedy!! Now we need to work on getting Sadie to give up her paci. We keep reminding her that Kennedy is a big girl, hopefully that will help =)