Owen got a puppy dog because ever since we got home form Pennsylvania he has screamed himself to sleep. We told him he would get a special toy to help him sleep but if he cried we would have to take it away. He went to bed without any trouble tonight :)
Kennedy on the other hand is still screaming for her paci and it is 10:15. Please pray for a smooth transition. I will be sure to update you all on the paci-less happenings:)
I apologize the camera is still broken and these pictures are blurry and we didn't get any of her face:(
They have the kids kiss a little heart and put it in their animal.
Here she is tying up Ruff Owen's dogie....you can see Kennedy is holding Hoppity her bunny.
They got to give the animals a bath of fresh air. They were both a little scared of the noise it made.
Owen carrying Ruff in his house
Kennedy carrying Hoppity in her house.
Watching the bears in the store window dancing.
6 comments:
That is so cute! I hope that tonight is better than last night.
I remember doing that with Deacon and it took a few nights of tears for him and Mommy. It will get better...hang in there.
Your a great Mommy!
Great ideas Heath...my advice, stay strong. If you give up, you have to start all over again :) Good luck!
You are so brave!! We are wimps... Abby still has hers (only at night in her crib), but we know it has to end. This week I just started reading her the boardbook "Pacis are not Forever" (good simple book btw). Read it three nights in a row now... just to get her to think about it. Funny you mentioned Build-A-Bear, I had commented to my hubby that I wondered if that would be a good way to give Abby something to "replace" the paci. We were in Campus Den tonight and she found little MSU bears that she wanted there... I told her we would get one (both even) if she would "put the paci in the trashy" as the book says. She said "umm, noooo"... and carefully put them back in there little display!!!!
Please let me know how it goes! I am fearful of the day that we "pull the plug" so to speak. (We consider ourselves VERY lucky with Will... he chewed through his one night and we had to throw it away... and he's been fine ever since. I am sure it won't be the same for Abby, she loves that thing).
i hope it's going well - that is a great method to give away the paci's!!
I hope it is getting easier. We told her that daddy needed to take her nuk and give it to a baby on the airpalne. That worked for us. You also had a great idea.
Post a Comment