Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Funday!

The kids and I had a great day today! I felt like the day was very productive. The house has been a bit neglected lately and it needed a little TLC. I finally was able to wash all my cupboards, countertops and majorly cleaned out the refrigerator...ahh it feels and looks so good! Then I scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floors and did 4 loads of laundry. I also made 2 loaves of banana bread and organized some files. I did most of it all while the kids were sleeping or playing contently.....days like this are very few and far between!
We started the morning with some coloring and as usual they really like to eat the markers and crayons instead of draw with them as you can see (non-toxic toddler markers don't worry).



After nap time we decided to play with a little water since it was very nice out this afternoon. It didn't quite go as I expected but does it ever? I got the idea from this website. We started out with a couple of bowls and wash clothes but after they both dumped theirs out a few times I went to get the kiddy pool and filled it with a bit of water and suds. Since we were just dipping things and pouring out water I thought the pool would be great because they couldn't tip it over. Well, instead the did this.



After we dried off and changed clothes they went downstairs. It was quiet so I headed down to find them staring at cat puke...I am sure they were playing in it as well so I quick washed them off and let them be. A few minutes later I heard Kennedy screaming so I ran downstairs to find this.


We headed back upstairs for a little yogurt snack. They have been doing so well feeding themselves. They love to be independent.



We had such a great day and both were in excellent moods so we decided to meet G & G Little at Mario's for dinner. Guess Owen thought he had been good enough all day so it was time to act out. He had no interest in behaving even with bribery. So after we all had about 2 bites we boxed our food up and took off. Once we were driving down the road he was back to his happy self. He saw a truck and said "vroom, vroom" and giggled....what a stinker!

2 comments:

Robin said...

AH! What an AWESOME DAY! I love that they both got in the pool in their clothes. It's amazing what their little minds think of!

Tripp said...

You are a super mom dude!