Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm an angel

....Savings Angel that is :) I have always enjoyed finding a bargain and think I am pretty good at find good deals (if I may say so myself) so it only made sense to give Savings Angel a try. I thought it would be to much work and without subscribing to the newspaper didn't know how I would get coupons. Most are online and our parents save the ads for us -THANKS! It does indeed take a bit longer to get a shopping list together but WOW is it worth it!!! Last week I spent $47 and saved $48 . Now, I do have to be honest and say that I have always been one to shop the sale items and I am not one for "name brand" products so to be honest....even with coupons sometimes the store brand is about the same price.

This is everything that I purchased tonight for $47.20: I saved $3 in Meijer promotions, $25.32 in non-coupon savings and $22 in coupon savings..for a TOTAL savings of $50.32...not to shabby for my second week! (We normally don't eat this unhealthy- we are going camping and a lot of produce was gone)



- 2 cans pizza sauce (not on sale but needed)
-cooking spray (not on sale but needed)
-5th Captain Morgan (not on sale but needed -$15.99)
- 6 ears of bi color sweet corn
-hamburger buns
-hot dog buns
- 2 bottles Sweet Baby Ray's marinade
-2 bottles Sweet Baby Ray's dipping sauce
-1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 16oz Kraft dressing
-frozen eggo waffles
-syrup
-Extra gum ( 3 packs)
-Breyers Ice Cream
-Twizzlers
- Hershey's bars (6 pack)
- 2 jars Ragu pasta sauce
- 2 boxes shredded mini wheats
-2 bottles wishbone dressing
-1 box Triscuit crackers
- 1 box Wheat thins
- 2 Oscar Meyer Deli style lunch meats
-BIG bottle liquid coffee mate
-McCormick grill mates
-A1 steak sauce
-Kraft shredded cheese
-Planters bars

44 total items

***One downfall is you need to buy thing you don't necessarily need and store for when you do need in order to take advantage of the GREAT deals. Unfortunately, we don't have that much closet space....so we will see how long I can go.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

That is awesome. I love coupons. I had just about the same savings as you do did today. Have fun camping. Can't wait to read about it.

Amanda said...

Best of Luck! Enjoy the savings! Cant wait to see your camping pics!

Brink Boys said...

I give you credit for trying it, I couldn't commit =) Hope you guys have a great weekend camping!

Robin said...

duuuuude, that is AWESOME! I love that your fifth of captain "was needed" - you bet your ars it was!! have a great time!