Monday, April 21, 2008

First Weekend Away

Soo as many of you know we had a baby shower for my dear friend Kristin in Chicago this weekend. Jeremiah and I decided to make a weekend of it and spend some much needed time together. We left Friday around noon and drove to Michigan City where we hopped on the train to Millennium Park in Chicago. We stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown. We spent the evening walking, talking, shopping and eating it was wonderful!! Saturday our great friends Bob and Beth picked us up and brought us to the shower. We had a wonderful time with Kristin and Eric and their families!!
Of course, this being the first weekend away from the kids since they have been home from the hospital, it was difficult but I did pretty well. My mom and dad took care of them and spoiled them rotten of course. Lola also got spoiled rotten staying with the other grandparents. I took the day off of work today so I could spend a little time with the kids. They slept most of the day because of all the fun things they did with grandpa and grandma Ruiter. However, we did get a fun walk in. This is only the second walk I have taken them on and they seemed to enjoy it much
more than the first time.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask Jeremiah if he has used the term "scare tactics" yet.
Thanks for traveling with the Leeuws and shedding some light on our direction illiteracy.

Tripp said...

you deserved this weekend, I am so glad you were able to get away.

Brink Boys said...

I am so glad you got to get away, that first time is hard, but trust me it gets easier!!!

Alissa said...

It sounds like you had a great time and that was smart taking a day to be with the kids when you got back. I can't wait to come take walks with you guys.