Thursday, September 3, 2009

21 Months

The kids have been changing SOOO much lately that I wanted to share:

Words the say and know the person/item: Dada, mama, Owen, Kennedy, Grandpa, Grandma, Amy, please, ice cream, cookie, cracker, grape, corn, carrot, milk, chocolate milk, ball, bike, car, truck, book, swing, slide, rock, garbage, mail, sucker, baby, beach, sip, apple, all typical farm animals with noises except they can't say oink, all major body parts including elbow and knee, earring, chips, purse, shoes, swing, slide, pretzel, table, chair, couch, Elmo, shirt, water, bath, soap, potty, diaper, camera, vacuum, dust, light, moon, stars, pizza, sub, strawberries, blueberries, cheese, juice, pop, daddys pop (beer), brush, comb, lotion, hug, kiss, peek, police car, door, close, open and off.

Kennedy will say: Please, thank you and Sorry most of the time without prompting. Owen has never had the word sorry cross his lips! he just refuses to say it. Kennedy also often says excuse me. She says it often and appropriately even while playing or talking with her toys...so CUTE!

They are really starting to know who people are when I say their name. For instance if I say we are going to see "Vera and Finn" they know who Vera and Finn are when we arrive.

Other things;
they started going up and down the stairs while standing holding a hand or rail
they both LOVE to swim and have NO fear
love the park and again they have NO fear. Owens favorite is the swing and Kennedy's is the slide.
They know when they are doing something they shouldn't and we get a sideways eye peek.
We get an average of 2 timeouts a day (ask grandma and Sandi and I am sure it will bring our average down significantly!)
They are both in time outs often for throwing food off their trays. If one starts the food throwing the other will typically follow.
They have become a bit more clingy in the past while. They don't like it when mom leaves and they throw a fit making mornings very difficult for mom :( Owen is very clingy this month but Kennedy was the clinger just a few short weeks ago.
They are just getting so old and big...they are not babies anymore!
Owen talks a whole lot more often. He tries to repeat most anything we say.

***disclaimer: I know they are individuals and I don't alwasy mean to list items they both do but when they watch and learn so much together oftentimes they say and do the same things both good and naughty!

Today we had our last play date of the summer with our friends from church.










4 comments:

Running is a Metaphor said...

I saw the sideways eye peek on Wednesday!

Kristin said...

I loved reading all of their words, how fun! They are growing up so fast! I guess Owen is a bit like I was as a child...I NEVER said I'm sorry!

Robin said...

so amazing!! i love watching them grow!

a Grabinski said...

Impressive that you have kept such an extensive list! Nice work. I remember when you first starting going to HHCRC and they were so small. I feel like Daniel is losing that "baby" title way too fast also.