Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Mothers Day this year was Fantastic! We had the joy of celebrating Mother's day twice. Last night we went to my parents house for dinner with my grandma. We had a GREAT time. Today my mom is flying to Florida to keep my brother Mike company as he is driving home to Michigan. We are so excited to have him in MI for awhile. What a great Mother!

Today we had my mother in law and Jeremiah's grandmother over for lunch. We had a great time together and it was so good to just sit around the table together (despite the few time outs the kids had).

I am so incredibly blessed to have a beautiful family,an AMAZING mother, mother in law, grandmothers and strong and inspirational women in my life. I am overjoyed and thankful beyond measure to be the mother to Owen and Kennedy. Since I was young, I dreamt of becoming a mother. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for choosing me to be their mother. Today is a very difficult day for many women who struggle to become mothers. My heart goes out to you!


My mother in law

Grandma Schrumpf (Jeremiah's grandma)

Owen and Kennedy each gave me a dozen roses! (what a sweet hubby I have!)

After the kids naps we took a ride out to the beach and stopped to play at the park for awhile. We all had a blast!









3 comments:

Tripp said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Running is a Metaphor said...

Your kids are lucky to have you as a mother, Hea!

Robin said...

you are a GREAT mother - it sounds like you have wonderful role models!!