Saturday we headed to the "Byron Days" parade. It was a great parade with LOTS of free stuff. Owen and Kennedy LOVED it. Jeremiah had the great idea of bringing their cars so they could watch the parade while playing. The parade was over an hour and had lots of candy, fire trucks and even Popsicles. Saturday night Jeremiah and I went to the Berlin races. We had a great time and hope to do it again soon.
Sunday afternoon we headed to Ann Arbor for Jeremiah's PET scan and the results. It is always a nerve racking trip. This time we needed to bring the kids since we didn't have a sitter. We thought we would make it a fun family get away and stay in a hotel with a pool. We did have a great time but it was not easy! Owen was overly tired and threw several fits in the restaurant and he just didn't want to go to bed. After 3 car rides he was finally down at 11:30pm. However, he was up again at 2 and refused to sleep. He was so crabby and mean. He pulled my hair, kicked, screamed bit me....what a stinker. I don't think I have ever been so mad at him! He finally did calm down but having the whole family up for a bit in the middle of the night is never a good time!
Jeremiah was up and off early Monday morning for his scan. Luckily the hotel had a shuttle to the hospital so I didn't have to cart the kids out. While Jeremiah had his scan I packed up the hotel room, took the kids swimming, took baths and loaded the kids in the car. By the time I got back to the car (3 minutes tops) with all of our stuff the kids were already asleep...what stinkers!
We picked up lunch with the kids sleeping and headed to the apt. Of course we had to wait a LONG time so the very nice nurses and volunteers let Owen and Kennedy play in the kids area while we waited for Jeremiah's apt. Once we got into the room Owen and Kennedy were opening drawers and pulling everything out. No matter what I did they were not happy. So after the nurse arrived and checked Jeremiah he said it would be awhile before the doctor came in. So I ran down to the kitchen area for patients and grabbed a couple orange sherbet cups. They were a mess but it was so worth it because the doctor had our full attention when he told us the scan LOOKED GREAT! We were soo excited. It has to be read by the radiologist for the "official" all clear but if the doc thinks it looks good that is reason to celebrate for us! Also, he doesn't need to see Jeremiah for a full year unless Jeremiah feels the need for an apt. WOW! a whole year!! 2 years in remission we are so BLESSED!! Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers!!
watching the parade
Kennedy and uncle Brandon
grandma covering Owen's ears during the loud sirens
mesmerized by all the trucks

stylin dude on the drive down
getting stickers from the nurse
enjoying the orange sherbet
10 comments:
Yay to the Littles for being cancer free!
YES! That's awesome and makes the chaotic trip well worth it.
congrats on being cancer free! what a blessing it is!
That is very exciting news!! We are so happy for you.
SO sorry you had such a rough night, but I am sure the WONDERFUL news the next day made it all melt away...much like the sherbet on O&K's faces!
What GREAT news!
2 YEARS! How awesome.
How about next time we move into your house and watch your kids so that you can go alone? Oh my word.
Sounds like all the chaos was worth the good news. Yay!
Amazing - health is a Blessing we take for granted most of the time. ps your kids are ADORABLE! congrats on living through the tantrums
I'm so happy Jeremiah continues to be in remission. That is just AWESOME.
And bring those cute little buggers over here next time, ok? Sheesh! Seriously, what else am I doing?
Post a Comment