Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend in Review

We had a busy but great weekend. Saturday morning I tried to sell baby items at a mom to mom sale in Zeeland with my friend Maggie. Unfortunately, they didn't advertise enough or something because hardly any one showed up. I am pretty sure that the sellers gave each other just about all the business and I am confident I came home with more than I started with....oops! After the sale I went to the Holland Fish and Game club to meet up with Sonya (Jeremiah's sister) and Bride to be. Her and her fiance Marc were there along with other friends/bridesmaids to check out the room take measurements etc. From there picked up Jeremiah and the kiddos and went to Jeremiah's parents to go through the wedding weekend details. We enjoyed burgers on the grill and just hang out time.
It was pouring rain as we were leaving and trying to get the kids in car seats. Jeremiah dropped something and said "oh shi*" and immediately Owen said "shi*, shi*" We were both laughing so hard....this no laughing thing when kids say something they shouldn't is tough! Immediately, I said ya, sit - you are sitting in your car seat. So now both Owen and Kennedy can say "sit" pretty well :) Today, I along with Sonya's mom hosted a bridal shower for Sonya. I think it was a great time had by all. It had been awhile since I was in charge of a bridal shower so it was really fun finding games and making favors.

Sue, Sonya & I

most of the ladies of the fam

These are the gorgeous 6ft skinny girls that I am standing up with in the wedding - I hope I don't look like a meatball in all the pics!
Jeremiah was a trooper all weekend taking care of the kids nearly by himself Friday, Saturday and Sunday - with a broken leg! Thanks babe. Kennedy couldn't let him get off to easy. She loves to play in the lazy susan and apparently found the Cheerios so while Jeremiah ran out to the freezer for a second, he returned to find this.

7 comments:

Tripp said...

A meatball...Heather you are funny! 1.5 year olds get into EVERYTHING don't they?

Anonymous said...

Well you are the cutest little meatball I ever did see!

Amanda said...

love the cheerios pic! I think she just wanted to get the toy out. :)

Robin said...

AHHHH! A Meatball! that is hilarious!!! Good job Miah for taking the kids...and I am impressed with the word recognition. :) it's bound to happen to all of us!

Jenn said...

Ok, first of all I can totally see you standing at the car and convincing the twins that the word you said was sit - I LOVE IT!!! I always knew I'd have trouble with not laughing at the naughty but funny stuff and I DO TOO!!! And....A MEATBALL?? You are too funny!

Brink Boys said...

welcome to the swear word world =)

Kristin said...

You couldn't look like a meatball if you wore a meatball costume! And how hilarious about the "swear incident," I LOVE how you took the opportunity to teach them a new word!!!