Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Well, I am bit under the weather so I am sorry I have not posted these until now. We had a busy Easter weekend and it was tons of fun. We went to G & G Little's on Saturday with both great grandmas and Aunt Sonya. Owen was not quite his happy self and threw quite a few violent temper tantrums but you would never guess it from the pictures.

Owen wearing Grandpas St. Patty's day hat

Kennedy checking it out

Easter gift from G & G Little - sidewalk chalk! Sonya and Grandma played with them




opening Easter baskets Easter morning

yum I found a jelly bean


Don't worry all candy in the Little household is bagged up and ready to send somewhere else. We are giving up Candy until Sonya's wedding (July 2). We don't need it and the kids sure don't need extra sugar either.

After church on Easter we went to G & G Ruiters the kids loved lounging on Grandma's new Adirondack chairs

what a beautiful sunny day

that's enough lets get going

hi dada

Owen has been a mama's boy lately...this is a few minutes after another tantrum. I have read so many websites and books to try and help this little guy. Unfortunately, there is not much to do before the age of 2 because there is really no way to know if he understands. If ANYONE has any advise to help Owen and his violent tantrums please comment...it would be much appreciated. He pushes his sister, rips out my earrings, throws himself down an puts himself in danger often!

Sorry for the long post with lots of pictures AGAIN. I wish we would have remembered to take pictures of everyone.....what were we thinking!..or at least a family photo would have been nice.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Keely said...

Well, we can discuss this more at work tomorrow, but I watch Super Nanny and what I've found works is I say "no throwing" or whatever and put him on the timeout stool, and he obviously doesn't stay there but I keep bringing him over there, without talking to him, until he calms down. Then I say "no kicking" or "no throwing" again so he knows and we cuddle and it's usually all good. I'll explain more in person tomorrow, but you are SO not alone!!

Kristin said...

Wish I had any advice...I'm sure you will be giving me advice someday! I love LOVE LOVE Kennedy's polka dot dress and Owen's striped pants!!!

Brink Boys said...

LOVE Kennedy's dress!!!

Robin said...

aww, what CUTE Easter outfits!! um, I feel as though Owen looks EXCACTLY like Miah sitting in that chair!!

Anonymous said...

What ah-dorable clothes!
Finn throws much worse temper tantrums than Vera ever did. I think it is a personality thing. We just let him do his "freak out" somewhere where he can't get hurt and don't make a huge deal out of it. We see lots of tantrums if our kids don't get enough sleep.