Sunday, April 11, 2010

Butterflies and haircuts

On Friday we took the kids to see the butterflies at Frederik Meijer Gardens. I honestly didn't know how they would do since Kennedy is afraid of anything that flies near her. It was really cold out so we didn't spend a ton of time at the other "attractions" but we did enjoy the butterflies.



our attempt at a family photo

colorful birds





tea party at the tree house




digging in the sand


carrying logs out of the Beaver den....Kennedy wanted to take one home with her.

today we went to my parents for dinner and afterwards we walked to the ice cream shop where they treated us to ice cream. It was so yummy and a perfect day for it!

Owen, Jeremiah and I all got haircuts from Grandma today. With enough jelly beans Owen did alright. Since his shirt was covered in hair I put on his coat without his shirt on..he loves the coat (Thanks Finn....Beth!) I just thought he looked so grown up I had to post the pic.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

We love taking the kids to see the butterflies! What a great way to spend the day as a family.

Robin said...

precious!!

Kim said...

YOur kids are getting so big and are SO cute! I love the fun family outings that you do!