Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First snow fall and Birthday Celebrations

Last week Friday was the first day of "real" snow. My mom took them outside to play. She said they didn't really enjoy it until she pulled them in the sled;)

ha! I think they look so cute all bundled up.

The kids had a whirlwind of birthday parties. Wednesday the third my parents came over to celebrate since my dad was leaving the next day on a golf trip. They were of course spoiled and daddy did a practice round of the elmo cake.

Thursday was their Birthday so we went swimming and out to lunch. They both LOVED the pool and took great naps. On Sunday we had Jeremiah's side of the family over to celebrate. The kids had a great time and they LOVED presents. I think they caught on to that way to quick. They wanted to open the presents as soon as the guests arrived. They also loved ANOTHER Elmo cake. We were going to do two separate cakes but 3 cakes in 5 days(one just plain cake on their birthday) was plenty. We ended up throwing a lot away! I think they liked blowing out the candles more than eating the cake....good thing!! I made them little shirts that had a "2" on them but between our broken camera and the chaos I didn't get a good one of them wearing them.
Owen's turn to blow out the candles

Kennedy enjoying her cake and loving her hat:)

Owen refused to sit in his chair or wear his birthday hat. He loved the red frosting as you can see from his HAIR!

Grandpa and grandma got them musical cards...their favorite. Owen in full concentration reading his card

Kennedy's musical card

4 comments:

Amanda said...

These are great! Its hard to imagine that they're 2 already! I love the red frosting in Owens hair, such a typical 2 year old move ;)

Jenn said...

Wow!! Jeremiah did awesome on the cake and you did fabulous on the shirts!! I can't believe they're two already....we need to plan a playdate over Christmas break!!

Tripp said...

I just can't believe that they are two. What a whole lot of birthday fun!

Robin said...

so cute! happy birthdays!