Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6 Month Stats

Owen and Kennedy finally had their 6 month check up today...a few weeks late. They are growing big and strong!

Owen weighs 19.5 lbs and is in the 70th percentile for weight. He is 28.5 inches tall and is the 95th percentile...go figure....I think he got that height from me. His head is still measuring a little larger than average but they say his body should catch up to it. In just the past few weeks he has really changed into a little man. He is rolling over all the time and scoots to get things he sees. He recognizes his name and smiles and giggles often. He is also starting to sigh quite regularly when we are in the car. Almost like asking are we there yet?? Honestly, he is a miniature Jeremiah in every way other than his anxious/jumpiness. He scares really easily..it is actually quite comical. We have a hilarious video of it that hopefully I will be able to post shortly if we can figure it out.

Kennedy weighs 16.5lbs and is in the 50th percentile for weight. She is 26.5 inches tall and is in the 60th percentile for height. Her head is still measuring a little smaller than average but that is nothing to be concerned about. Kennedy is much more vocal and certainly doesn't hesitate to tell you how she feels. She is always where the action is and doesn't skip a beat. We are actually having quite a bit of difficulty with her at night. She doesn't seem to want to take her bottle and screams for long periods of time....I know, I know...you can't believe it because she is always so happy. If you don't believe me just ask my dad. He thinks something is wrong with her...he says it can't be normal....really his heart just breaks to hear her cry like that. She really has no interest in rolling over from her back to front or scooting. She just likes to sit up and watch the world go by....and make noise of course.

9 comments:

Tripp said...

So glad to hear that they are both healthy. Did you ask the doc about Kennedy's screaming with her night bottle?

Anonymous said...

When Vera did that we tried some medication for reflux and it seemed to help some.
I believe you that she is fussy! They are always on their best behavior around other people.

Jenn said...

It's amazing how they are so different! Such a blessing that they are both so healthy!! And if it's any consolation to you...Jackson has begun screaming at his night feeding now - maybe this is from Kennedy's influence, I don't know if they should hang out anymore :)

Brink Boys said...

Impressive stats kids! Next thing you know they will be crawling all over...

Vander Griend said...

Lucy was similiar to Kennedy for a long time, all she wanted to do was sit and not roll back and forth. And her head is on the small side too.

Kate_Edwards said...

My parents referred to me as "the siren". I never quit crying and I think I turned out ok :) It's just part of being a woman, we cry over everything - you should know that Heather!

Mindi said...

I am so glad that they are doing so well. Heather, it seems odd that Kennedy and Nash are so close in weight and height. Pretty soon Nash will be as big as Owen. Don't worry about Kennedy she will work it out, Avry still isn't sleeping good. See you soon.

Alissa said...

They are doing so well!! I love how you can see their little personalities already :)

Rachel said...

Good to hear they are both doing well. I like that Owen is in the 90th percentile for height :) YES!