Friday, August 31, 2012

Waterslide and Bikes with Only Two Wheels



It has been a HUGE week at the Little household. All summer we have been going to a pool with a water slide. At the beginning of the summer the kids barely wanted to go down the water slide but week by week gained more courage. Well, this week they not only wanted to go down the slide without my help but they did not even want me in the pool!! Kennedy is so independent. Last week she wanted to go down the slide and swim to the side. This week, I wasn't allowed in the pool while she did this. Owen wanted to give it a try as well. I am so incredibly proud of them both!! When we are in the pool or lake when they can't touch I still want them to wear swimmers as they are not  "swimmers" yet but they are getting there. I think next summer we will sign them up for intense swimming lessons.

That is not all folks;)  Not only are we doing great in the water but Owen and Kennedy are both balancing on two-wheelers.  Jeremiah took the training wheels off one of the small bikes we had and Owen got right on and rode away;)  It took a bit longer to learn how to stop safely....and we are still working on turning but they are doing AWESOME!  Kennedy of course heard all the praises and saw what Owen could do and she needed to try. She did great as well and now she is a two wheeling machine. She wants to ride all the time. Owen is kind of over it and doesn't want to ride again until next summer. I will try to post videos later.

No comments: