Once Jeremiah had a chance to talk he filled me in on the situation. Owen was sitting on the arm of the chair (which they always do) and from the corner of his eye he saw him fall. We think he hit his chin on the corner of the entertainment center. Owen immediately started screaming so Jeremiah went to pick him up. There was a little blood on his hand and then saw blood on his lip and then he noticed a huge deep cut on his chin that wouldn't stop bleeding. By this time Owen and Jeremiah's shirts were covered in blood. Unfortunately I took our van (stupid I know!!) so Jeremiah had no car seats to get Owen to the hospital. He ran to our neighbors on the corner and asked if they could watch Kennedy and asked if they had a vehicle with a car seat....which they didn't, his wife left with the car seat too :(. From there he went to the other neighbor and borrowed their van. Poor hubby....I Owe him BIG time!!
Once he was on the way to the hospital he told me what happened. Owen settled down once he was in the car and he got a sucker:) I went to the neighbors to pick up Kennedy. She of course didn't want to leave because she was having to much fun playing with our neighbor boy and his toys. I brought her home and put on her Pjs and she kept saying "Owen bad owie" "Owen chin". It just made me start crying all over again. She is such a sweet little girl. As I was putting her to bed she just said "Owen bu-bye, Owen bowie",
Owen and Jeremiah were at the hospital for over three hours. Apparently Owen had an extremely deep cut they could see his jaw bone :( poor kid! They had to give him conscious sedation and Jeremiah said it just broke his heart to see him like that! He had at least 4 internal stitches and 8 external. When they finally got home at 11:30 I was so relieved to finally see him!! The hardest part was just waiting and not knowing what was going on with my little boy!!! He was still quite dazed and was not able to stand or really sit on his own. It was so scary and weird to see him like that! Since he didn't go to bed until around midnight he slept until about 11:30 today. He seemed a bit out of it today and was just very quiet but by this evening he was laughing and wanting to jump off the furniture.....ha! no chance, anytime soon at least:)
a little dazed last night
Tonight.... not a great pic but lets you see the stitches. Doesn't look nearly as bad as I was expecting.
10 comments:
Oh my word, poor thing! Kudos to Miah for handling it so well. Hope Owen is doing ok!
Looks rough! Glad he is alright.
I remember being upset watching Finn wake up after surgery, not a nice experience.
This is one of those things that happens that makes us anxiety prone people say- see it can happen! Hope you aren't feeling too stressed.
xo
So glad he is alright. That's scary. Great job, Jeremiah, too, to be thinking on your feet to get everything taken care of.
Oh what a trooper, he looks so sweet with his rosy cheeks in those pictures! So glad he is doing better!
How traumatic for everyone! So glad he is doing better! Sounds like Jeremiah did an amazing job under pressure! I can't imagine having to be at home not knowing what was going on Heather...what an ordeal. So glad everything is getting back to normal.
Oh poor guy. I am glad he is doing so well. Great job to dad for staying calm. Not to worry I take our van all the time to when Alex has the kids.
Oh my goodness!! How scary :( I'm so glad that he's okay and that Jeremiah was calm and in control! I can't imagine how you must have been feeling! Love you guys!
oh! so scary! He seems like he was such a trooper. Its so hard to see your kids get hurt.
Miah rocks. I am SO glad Owen took it like a champ!
So glad the little buster is okay! I kept wondering what happened after I saw that status update on FB! thinking of you guys and praying the little guys chin is healing up great!
Post a Comment