Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's been awhile

I can't believe I am such a blog slacker and it has been over a month since I have last posted. A lot has gone on let me tell you. I applied for a part time job and within a week I was hired and starting....CRAZY. I am a server at a local restaurant and just loving it and making pretty good money so that has been a great help. We are all adjusting to our new schedules since I still work three days a week and now I am working three nights a week. Jeremiah has been such a trooper. He is pretty much the king of bedtime and I am the queen of mornings/breakfast time. We see each other rarely but we both still get a good amount of time with the kids. Other than being completely and utterly exhausted we are getting into a routine. Luckily we both have jobs during the day that allow a couple few minute phone calls to fill each other in in life's happenings. We know that this is only a temporary thing that we are both working so much but it feels good to have a little extra money to do a few fun things and SAVE!

Over the past month we have done so much!! We have swam in my grandmas pool quite a bit. Owen now also enjoys jumping into a pool with swimmies on and going under water. Kennedy has pretty much been doing that all summer and is so proud...so she is very happy that Owen learned as well so they can jump in together. Owen and Kennedy are getting so big, so smart, so naughty, so fun, so funny and the list goes on and on. I LOVE them sooo MUCH! The random comments just crack me up! Kennedy is standing next to me and she says "mom I love flowers" me: really, that is nice "Yes, they are so buuuuutuful, and smell um delicious"...seriously...LOVE IT And two seconds latter she is stirring with a plate and fork and says "mommy I am making cigarette butts" I said ewww!! "just kidding, uncle Mike is naughty to have cigarette butts! (in a very serious tone)" We have been very honest with the kids about smoking since uncle Mike and their grandpa smoke (neither of them smoke near the kids) but neither of them miss a trick either.

We had a play date with a friends of mine from high school. It was so fun to get together again. Even though I see Jenny and Lis fairly regularly it was still good to hang out and it was GREAT to see Adria with her twins Peter and Joy. They are so cute and chunky! Owen and Kennedy loved the babies and for the most part are very gentle and friendly. Below are the kiddos that can walk.
I wish I had gotten a picture of Peter and Joy that turned out!


This past weekend our friends Kristin and Eric and their son Milo came for a visit from Chicago. We had a great visit and as per our annual tradition went apple picking at Crane's. It was a lot of fun despite the rainy weather.


This is about the only picture at Crane's that turned out since we forgot our camera. Beth took a few pictures though so I hope to share a few more with you of all the kiddos.

Here are just random pictures from the past few weeks:

The mess Owen and Kennedy made one morning while I was in the shower. Then the next the morning they did this. They were not trying to be destructive they just wanted to jump on Kennedy's mattress.

Kennedy has not been taking naps as often anymore. The days she does she is so tired that once she is asleep she is out!


We have budding artists on our hand. Owen was painting a basketball and a car

Kennedy was painting the cow jumping over the moon!


2 comments:

Mindi said...

Wow, What a lot of changes!! I am glad you are enjoying your 2nd job that always makes it a little better. The kids are so big and cute!! Thanks for the update!! Miss you guys!!

Tripp said...

Good to see you back on the blog :)